Facts and Figures of 2016
The We Care Center is a food pantry that provides emergency food and utility assistance to people in need. We currently serve six zip codes (29036, 29122, 29177, 29126, 29075, and 29127), which include the communities of Chapin, Peak, White Rock, Pomaria, Little Mountain and Prosperity.
We provide food assistance, utility assistance, vouchers for fuel for doctor appointments and job interviews, vouchers for kerosene fuel used in
heaters, and vouchers to the St. Francis and Good Works Thrift Stores for clothing, furniture, appliances and household items.
The We Care Center also uses its community building to host other activities such as the Good Samaritan Free Medical Clinic bimonthly, serving those patients from the pantry. We also have a computer lab for clients to complete job searches and applications, as well as complete applications for government benefits, voter registration, etc. We host monthly nutrition classes, as we are always looking for ways to impact our clients' overall health and well being.
We also sponsor special events through our community partners, including Easter baskets, summer camp, Thanksgiving meals, and Christmas gifts for
children. We are extremely thankful for broad community support that makes these programs possible!
2016 by the Numbers
- 2,446 families served, 6,552 total individuals
- 77 new families
- 241,155 pounds food donated and purchased for distribution
- $599,550 food value distributed
- 247,221 pounds of food given to clients
- $63,202 utilities paid for clients
- $8,053 gasoline vouchers
- $78,481 total utilities
- $172 other benefits paid (repairs, educational, etc)
- $4,015 thrift store vouchers
- 42 additional benefits (fans, heaters, Bibles, etc)
- 13 children sent to Bethel Christian Camp
- 226 Thanksgiving meals
- 260 children received Christmas gifts
- 8,222 volunteer hours